How to Play Audible Audiobooks on Apple Watch
- June 15 , 2022
Q:"It has been and still is possible to add Audible audiobooks to the Mac Books app and listen them there. Those books can be synced to iOS Books app too. However, they don't seem to get synced to the Apple Watch. Does anyone know if it's possible? I know I can use the Audible app, and it works most of the time ok. I'd just like to know if it should be possible to get them to Books too and something is not working in my setup.——Reddit"
Thanks to the Audible app for watchOS, some Apple Watch can directly play Audible audiobooks. Today's article will walk you through how to play Audible audiobooks on Apple Watch and explore other solutions for fixing Audible app not working on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Series 3, Series 7 and SE can play audiobooks directly using the Audible app. But please make sure to keep the following conditions before sync.
1. An available Audible account.
2. Upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 5 or higher.
3. Upgrade your iPhone system to iOS 12.0 or higher.
4. Update your Audible app to version 3.0 or higher.
If all the conditions are met, just follow the next steps.
Step 1 Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Find Audible and install it into your Apple Watch.
Step 2 Launch the Audible app on your iPhone and tap the Library tab. Then select the audiobooks you want to transfer, tap the three dots on the right, and select "Sync to Apple Watch".
Step 3 After the synchronization is complete, open Audible App in the Apple Watch and tap the audiobook to play.
The above method is only available for watchOS 5 or higher devices. If you want to listen to Audible books on an earlier Apple Watch Series, you need to upgrade your smartwatch to the latest watchOS. During the synchronization process, Apple Watch and iPhone need to be used in the same Wi-Fi environment. The Audible for Apple Watch app also has many issues like transfer errors, long sync times and Audible audiobooks not showing up, etc.
If you have encountered the above problems, You will need to use an additional Audible to Apple Watch converter to convert Audible AAX/AA audiobooks for permanent storage and transfer to Apple Watch.
Why do you need the help of a converter? That's because audiobooks in Audible are DRM-protected, which means all files are in AAX/AA format. AAX/AA files cannot be played directly in the device default player, so you need an audiobook converter to convert them to MP3/M4A/M4B format.
Any Audible Converter is such an excellent converter. It is a new all-in-one Audible audiobook converter that helps users easily convert Audible/Audible Plus AA/AAX audiobooks and podcasts to M4A/M4B/MP3 format. Any Audible Converter makes offline listening to Audible Plus audiobooks on Apple Watch easier than ever.
Features of Any Audible Converter:
Download audiobooks and podcasts from Audible/Audible Plus.
Convert Audible audiobooks and podcasts to M4A, M4B, and MP3.
Support splitting audiobooks by length, chapters, or segments.
Keep chapters and ID3 tags after converting audiobooks and podcasts.
Convert Audible audiobooks 100X faster than the average level.
Step 1 Download and Launch the Program
Download and lunch the Any Audible Converter, you will see its clear main interface.
Step 2 Customize Settings
Click the setting button in the top-right corner to modify the conversion settings including the output format, output quality, output path and regions.
Step 3 Add Audible Audiobooks
Click the "Add from local computer" or "Add from Audible library" button to add audiobooks to the program. When you add from the Audible library, you will see an "Add to list" blue icon in the lower right corner, just click it to add Audible audiobooks.
Step 4 Advanced Settings
After adding audiobooks to the program, there will be an edit button next to each book, click to split audio files by length, chapters or segments.
Step 5 Start Converting
Click on the "Convert" button to start converting. After the conversion is completed, if you have chosen "Open the output folder", the folder will pop up and you can see the result in it. You can also click the "History" button to find the well-converted files from the local drive.
Step 6 Enjoy Converted Audiobooks
To transfer all converted Audible audiobooks to your iPhone effortlessly, you can try the iTunes alternative --- Syncios Mobile Manager.
Finally open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down in the "My Watch" section, then tap "Books" and you will find the converted audiobooks in MP3 format. Click the (+) icon in the upper right corner to add all the audiobooks on that screen to your Apple Watch and enjoy listening.
As an Audible supported device, the easiest way is to sync Audible audiobooks directly to your Apple Watch, so you can enjoy Audible audiobooks without your phone. If you have any problems with syncing or device mismatch, try Any Audible Converter, it will help you out of all troubles.
Download Audible audiobooks and podcasts to MP3/M4A/M4B.
- Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3
- Listen to Audible Audiobooks Offline
- Best 2 Audiobook Converters Available
- Download Audiobooks from Audible Plus
- Download Audible Podcast to MP3
- Save Audible Audiobooks to SD Card
- How to Convert Audible Audiobooks to M4A
- Convert Audible AAX Audiobooks to MP3
- How to Download Audible Books to PC
- 5 Best Audiobooks on Audible Plus
- How to Transfer Audible Audiobooks to USB
- How to Download Audible Books to PC
- How to Transfer Audible Audiobooks to MP3 Players
- Save Audible Books after Cancel Audible Subscription
- Best Three Ways to Share Audible Audiobooks
- Listen to Audible Books on Airplane Mode
- Set Audible Sleep Timer for Kids
- Download Audible Audiobooks to Mac
- Convert Audible AA Audiobooks to MP3
- Play Audible Books on Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Play Audible Audiobooks on SanDisk Sansa
- Play Audible Audiobooks on Multiple Devices
- How to Cast Audible to Google Home
- 5 Best Free Audiobooks on Audible
- How to Play Audible Audiobooks on iPod
- How to Play Audible on Garmin Watch
- How to Transfer Audiobooks from Audible to iTunes
- Best Audible to MP3 Converter
- How to keep Audible Audiobooks If You Cancel Audible Membership
- How to Play Audible Audiobooks on Sonos
- How to Play Audible Audiobooks on Apple Watch
- How to Use Audible on Apple CarPlay
- Kindle Unlimited Audiobooks VS Audible
- How to Download Audible Books to MP3
- How to Use Audible on Android Auto
- Best Ways to Download Harry Potter Audiobooks on Different Channels
- Apple Books vs Audible: Which One to Choose?
- Listen to Audible Audiobooks with Amazon Kindle
- How to Upload Audible Audiobooks to Google Drive
You may also like? Check out:
Play Audible Audiobooks on SanDisk Sansa
Explore two ways to play Audible audiobooks on SanDisk Sansa.